Saturday, November 09, 2002

Well fuck me doubled over, Brook...I had to turn off the tv to read your last blog. I know this is really going to raise hackles, but here goes. What you're saying about Dems courting the "middle" being shit for a strategy is precisely why I waved the Green flag last time. My point now as it was then is that the Democratic party needs to turn left to win elections; this "conventional wisdom" of going for the so-called middle has lost resoundingly at least the last two times. The clinical definition of insanity is repeating the same behaviour over and over and expecting different results. I still maintain that leftists or outsiders had no moral duty to jump on a Dem band-wagon headed in the wrong direction to keep them from losing an election; the Dems had a moral and pragmatic duty to move the party in a direction that would secure the vote that was crucial for them to win. But did anybody learn a fucking thing from all this? Not that I can see. I still vote Dem because I think I'd rather have cancer than polio. So "Fuck that!" works real well for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home