Friday, December 06, 2002

You know, I'm not here pretending to be something that I am not. I was there when this "Scene" was in it's infancy. I enjoy seeing who we were then, and how far we have come from when we were all callow youths. Some of us were just plain punks, and some were just plain psuedointellectuals, and others were just plain.
I tell a story for entertainment value, and while it may not be palettetable ( no pun intended) to some, others IM me laughing their guts out (again, no pun intended) for reminding them of one of the classic stories of the time and jogging their collective beer soaked memories. And while many stories here are just vapid collections of recollections about compulsive theivery, mankin fetishism, and people having epiphanies over David Bowie songs covered by the Nightmares. And I can even include MY little story amongst them - it's not meant to be anything other than what it is - just a story - not that there's anything wrong with that. It is my mistake that I posted such an offensive tale to a place called "JOHNSON CITY STORIES."
Elizabeth, thank you very much for your comment. And while we don't know anything about one another, I enjoy your eloquent writing style and would like to know you - and that you may have some idea as to who I am - I'm just an artist (I AM aren't I James?). Ask and I'll show you something.
James, sorry about that - the sun was in my eyes
And that I don't misunderstand the concept of Johnson City Stories - would someone please define the basic idea behind this? Lord knows I don't want to be completely uncalled for. It's well known that we artsy folk try to stay away from controversy or provoke thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home