Tuesday, March 18, 2003

I watched the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions on VH-1 Sunday night, in an effort to gather a list of it's commercial sponsers so that Lynard Skynard supporters could write the CEO's of those companies to enlist their support.... what I found has left me shaken and confused... The primary sponsers were Ford Motors, Hewlett Packard, Pepsi, Best Buy, Budweiser, and Head and Shoulders. But among the local sponsers was our freinds at the Casbah. Burt's commercial featured none other than Brian and the Nightmares, with shots of The Pleztones as well. It was the irony of this moment that has left me woozey,,, as Scott and Kurt were two of my earliest supporters in this crusade (I figure if Bush can go on a crusade then so can Lynard Skynard supporters) Any way, I urge everyone to contact those corperations and ask them to support the Lynard Skynard induction movement.... I just don't know what to say in regards to the irony of the commercial I saw during the show, and those of you who know me know how seldom I am at a loss for words... the last time was during the Poverty Ranch days if I recall correctly.



By the way Brook, what's up with the archives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home