Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dream About Gene Autry

I've meant to post this for some time after mentioning it to Brook awhile back. That sunset photo was so gorgeous, I felt inspired to share my dream about Gene Autry that I had several months ago. It's real simple and goes like this: Something bad had happened; things had changed; were bleak, colorless. And I was sitting with Gene Autry on the ledge of a tall building, and he was singing to me and playing the guitar while recording it on one of those "old" casette recorders with the buttons that are hard to push down. Then he handed me the tape and said, "put it in your pocket". Then I woke up. I've never felt as great as I did after waking from that dream. I didn't know who he was, couldn't remember his songs or movies---but he was in my consciousness. Now--I read about him all the time and just ordered a CD and plan to order some films. The singing cowboy. Where's my horse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home